Monday, 12 February 2007

Immunization

Today they took this little tube with a liquid in it. On the front of this little plastic tube was another, very thin, sharp metal tube that connected to the inside of the plastic tube. On the other end there was a part of the plastic tube that can be pushed to squeeze the fluid inside the plastic tube out and through the thin, sharp, metal tube.

And what do they do with this thing emerging?

They take the whole contraption, point the sharp metal bit at me am stick it right in to me. IN TO ME! It was outside, and then it was INSIDE. I-N-S-I-D-E!

And if that isn't bad enough, then they push the other endue of this thing so that the fluid inside it gets squirted inside me! Ahhhhhhh! It was outside and now it is inside! I can think of other times when that concept is good, and I don't mean just the part that the dirty minded people are now thinking of, but this isn't one of those times.

And why, you might ask, was all of this done to my body? It’s all to make me immune to hepatitis A and B.

Why now, you ask, do I need that? It’s to get the visa to work in Korea. Why would you even ask this last question? What is the Blog all about?

Now I just need to go for booster shots in a month's time and again in a year, and never again. All that I am waiting for now if the Police Clearance that will take a while and I am ready to get going.

No comments: