Tuesday, 06 February 2007

What Now?

Etihad phoned me yesterday and invited me to their interviews on Friday. This in it self doesn't seem like a problem, but it's confusing.

First of all, the paperwork for Korea will take ages. The police say it will take about 6 weeks for them to get a clearance certificate, which I need for my visa. Basically, I can't even apply for the nice job or the visa without that. Irritating!

Second, I want to fly still. I want to see more of the world. All those pictures in my albums, those are basically my holiday pictures. And I have about 500 more, edited.

So here I am. Do I do what I love to do, travel, or do I think more long term and go to Korea now?

If I go to Etihad then I will have more time to prepare for Korea, right? I will have time to do more research, get a TESOL or something, and I will have saved money to help me start off.

If I go to Korea now, then I get to learn to speak the language quicker, get to learn to cook Korean and come back with savings and open a restaurant or a tourism place. There are not Korean restaurants in the RSA, and I am of the opinion that the food is much better than Japanese food, and those you get a few places. Add to that that many Koreans, like the Japanese like to travel but don't really have people to guide them because of the language.

I think in the end it will come down to who takes me first, and i think that will likely be Etihad. That meant more interesting pictures from strange places, and maybe even a chance to visit some of these weirdoes that I have in my friends list.

I'm thinking of going to UNISA tomorrow and enrolling for a English, Korean and maybe a third language. It is not that expensive, and if I can’t handle the third then I will just drop it. It is not as if I am looking for a degree. It is just personal gain.

Waiting, thinking and the waiting some more.

No comments: