Monday, 09 April 2007

At last.

All my paperwork has arrived in Korea. Now the agent just has to send the last bit that she had and then they will send me a letter of appointment.

The new rules say that this letter is to be used for a visa. The old rules said that I needed some kind of number to get the visa, so even before they send my letter, I'll have to go to the embassy and tell them to find out about this, otherwise I'll have to wait even longer.

Back to the real story though...

I was supposed to go to a school called Jo Jong Middle School in some small town. I have no idea where it is, but it is suppose to be quite nice, surrounded by a national forest and one hour from Seoul by bus. I was also supposed to share an apartment with a girl from the USA, strange as that seems, and that was the basic story.

The girl, though, said they were sure that I would move in to this empty apartment next to them, on my own. When I told a Korean friend of mine I'll be sharing with a girl she didn't want to believe it. I know I didn't think it right. Not even in South Africa will we do that, and Korea is way more conservative than we are.

In the mean time though, the agent informed me that I will now be going to Incheon. I am not sure if I would prefer the city or the town. I have never lived in a town. Even thought Doha was a shit hole, it was still a city in a manner of speaking.

The interesting about the Incheon change is that then other school still thinks I am going to them. Basically, until I get my appointment letter, hopefully middle next week, I'll not be sure where I'm going. The city has much more to do with easy access to the sea and island as well as Seoul and other parts of the country.

Other news is that I have made a friend in Korea through Friendster. They say it is VERY important to have a good network over there, so I thought I would see what I can do even before I arrive.

Now, my adoring fans of this silly and short Blog, maybe I'll start writing more often about the weird and wonderful things over there before the end of this month. Maybe I'll write it while eating my rice, kim, kimchi and soup.

Go well.
Otto

No comments: