Thursday, 26 April 2007

The day has finally arrived.

Actually, it hasn't, but today is Thursday evening and I am flying Sunday Afternoon. Pretty darn close if you ask me.

I will be off to South Korea and working in a city called Icheon. It is officially a city, but I'm not sure. Sounds more like a big town to me. 190 000 people? Is that a city? I'll have to look that up. By the end of this post I'll let you know when a town becomes a city.

I thought about renaming my Blog to Pap & Kim Chi, but I don't think I can rename it without removing all the other posts. I will try thought. If any of you sorry lot figure out how before I change it, please let me know. I will reward you. Just ask, MAYBE I'll say yes to whatever strange request you make.

What is Pap & Kim Chi, you might ask? I'll tell you in my first post from Korea.

A few details about what I'll be doing. I'll have been tasked with killing middle school children. They will let me start with the 13 year old pupils, but I am not sure about this. See it as an educated guess.

My co-teacher emailed and she gave me info like my address and telephone number. Sorry everyone. I know all my adoring fans want to know where I live so that they can take photographs of me out of the bushes, but you will NOT get it. Well, not here anyway ;-) Do note that this will be the smallest place I ever lived in. New experiences on altogether, I say.

Folks, for now this will be my post. Next time, Pap & Kim Chi, where I live, what I found, who I killed, what I ate, and anything else I feel like writing about, or not. I should be able to add photographs as well

Go well
Otto

p.s.

I found this Chinese definition of a city and I suspect Korea might be something similar:

There is a formal definition of city in China provided by the Chinese government. For an urban area that can be defined as a city, there should be at least 100,000 non-agricultural populations. City with less than 200,000 non-agricultural population refers to a Small city, 200,000-500,000 non-agricultural population is a Medium city, 500,000-1,000,000 non-agricultural population is a Large city and >1,000,000 non-agricultural population is an Extra-large city. Also, there is an administrative definition based on the city boundary too and a city has its legal city limits. In 1998, there were 668 cities in China - China has the largest urban population in the world.

No comments: