Wednesday, 10 October 2007

Seolbong Park

We skip the next day, ignoring that I am also writing and sending on a next day, to Seolbong Park. Turns out the One World Music Festival was happening there. Why don’t people tell me these things in advance? I could have seen interesting music for the whole week already.

This is a festival that seems to be happening every year here in Icheon. They invite groups from all over the world to come and perform. I noticed that there is a Korean group every day, but that they are only at the very end. Don’t you find it sad that you have to try and trick people in to enjoying music from other countries? Isn’t the idea here for people to come and see because they want to? Why do they only have to come to see the Korean performers?

Maybe I need to get my information sites up and running and get a diary to plan things in advance.

When I left then house it really didn’t seem like the weather would be bad, s little cold, maybe, but that would be it, so I decided to walk to the park I also didn’t take an umbrella. As luck would have it the weather changed to produce this really annoying spraying rain. Not enough to really make you wet, but enough to make you cold and to have the musicians worry about their instruments. The whole show was in pause mode for more than an hour.

I did manage to see a few bands and take a few interesting pictures of children running around, but by 8pm I had enough of the weather and headed home. Luckily they were selling cheap rain coat inside the grounds. I got one just before I went out. I must have looked like a large condom walking down the street. At least if I was still in the grounds then I would have been with all the other condoms.

A useful result of the Festival was that I met a whole bunch of new people. I knew some of the teachers before but here they were with others I didn’t know yet. I’m thinking of trying to find them on Facebook

Honestly, when I look at what I just wrote here then it seems like it must have been the most boring day in my life. I didn’t even manage to write in such a way as to make it seem more interesting. This piece of writing is even worse than what I normally do, er?

Well, such is live and you will get some good posts and some bad posts.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your week
Until next week

Go well


*Please note that the statements in this Blog are not intended to make anyone look bad. I do not look down on Koreans. I'm merely describing how amusing I sometimes find people and I am mostly describing it to other westerners. Feel free to come to South Africa and tell the world how crazy we are because heaven knows, we are.

No comments: