Tuesday, 02 October 2007

Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix

...as told my an 12 year old Korean

During the recent school vacation I had to do a vacation school for one week. One of the things I tried was to show a film or two and have them write a report, in English, about it. The trick was that I turned off the subtitles so that they will be forced to listen and get used to hearing English. Here follows one of the results.

Harry Potter

The nautical mile gun the true profit which it shakes off it did and it was kind and if the if country the nautical mile gun it will sprout and when like being placed in crisis it will do how???

If probably the country the nautical mile gun sprouts and like that le j i of abso luteness it appears not to being able it eats a cowardice in advance and it escapes, or, the situation the busy thing it avoids, it is same it is born but the nautical mile gun it will sprout and it will Follow the example and like that crisis will approach and must have the wisdom it will be able to evacuate that crisis must dispose all.

Up to now I have not been able to figure out what a Nautical Mile Gun is

Just for fun I include the interesting translation of Transformers. It has to do with the way the word is written in Korean. They rarely actually read the English name if they can see a Korean spelling

The Korean looks like this: 트런스포머
The closest direct translation will be: Tu-lan-su-po-ma (note the sudden singular).

On the back of the page describing Harry Potter she just started with Transformers when I took pity on her, but this was how she wrote the name…

thu Lance former


*Please note that the statements in this Blog are not intended to make anyone look bad. I do not look down on Koreans. I'm merely describing how amusing I sometimes find people and I am mostly describing it to other westerners. Feel free to come to South Africa and tell the world how crazy we are because heaven knows, we are.

No comments: