Wednesday, 17 January 2007

The Idea

I met quite a few Korean girls while working in the Airlines and wanted to know a bit more about the place. One day in Manchester I saw a Travel Guide on the place and looked at it. It looked interesting and I bought it.

After browsing the guide, I decided that this is the country where I would like to spend some time there some day. I had always said that I would like to live in the east for a while, and this seemed the place.

Then, a few months back, I found about that they use people like me to teach English Second Language. I thought cool, but left it there. As I got more and more unhappy at the airline, the possibility of going to Seoul to teach grew, until I decided that I would wait a bit at the airline and then make a move there. Save a bit of money and all that.

As it happened, I was fired, and if you know anything about working for Qatar Airways, then it is that you will not get fired for endangering the lives of passengers, but you will get fired for not wearing your uniform correctly while doing so.

Over the last few weeks I have made an serious effort to find in formation on working there, got my resume ready and started sending things out.

This is what is happening here and all that I want to write about for the time being. Look at is as a introduction to what the rest of the Blog will be about, my attempts to get to Korea and my life there if I do happen to make it there.

For now, I will greet you farewell, until my next post.

No comments: