Tuesday, 06 October 2009

Saved Sunset

I messed up. I really messed up. I accidently deleted most of my photos from this weekend. Normally that would not be a problem, but the recycle bin likes to completely delete filed when you drop a large amount of stuff, especially said stuff includes large files.

This photo is one of the files I was able to recover. The original RAW file is gone now, so I had to use the colour JPEG to recreate the Mono, but at least I will have this photo.

I was also able to save a few other edited files for which I lost the RAW images and they just happen to be the other files that I was planning on uploading this week.

Tonight I am going to Yongsan to get an extra external hard drive. All photos will go directly on to that so that I will not have to copy and delete anything later. When I come back tonight I am also signing up for an online backup service. I’m not loosing another photo.

Anyway, back to the photo. It was taken from the top floor of my apartment building. Alas, I live on a lower floor so I don’t have this view. Initially I was going to delete this photo, but thought I would give it a go. After cropping it I was quite impressed and decided t continue. This was the result.

No comments: