Tuesday, 08 June 2010

Korea Legend and all that.

Upon opening my closet this morning, I discovered that I didn’t have a single clean shirt to wear to work today. Out of eight possible shirts, eight were at the cleaners. How on earth did this happen?

I would love to transcribe the mental gymnastics I had to perform to explain to myself how I could be so stupid, but I firmly believe the solution is much more interesting.

Last year, at the North Korea vs.. South Korea match I bought a red “KOREA LEGEND. begin to 2010.” t –shirt, the same shirt that you can now get at E-Mart. It was clean and ready to wear, so my reasoning went something like this…

The ESPN podcast I am listening to right now says the World Cup starts on Friday…

World Cup on Friday, hmmm…

I DON’T HAVE ANYTHING TO WEAR!

So they think Korea will do OK?

Oh, MAN!

I will just have to wear a gold shirt today…

World Cup…red shirt…clean…World Cup…reasonable excuse…maybe…NO SHIRTS…

“Yes, I know the World Cup starts on Friday and that Korea plays on Saturday. Why do you think I decided to come to school wearing this shirt today?”

No comments: