Monday, 19 November 2007

Oh! My Ears!

The winter is here! It has fallen on us!

I mentioned that the temperature would be dropping and it has done just that. The thermometer at school is reading a sizzling -6.9 degrees Celsius.

On the way to school this morning I was poking at the water that was left from the light drizzle yesterday evening and it was frozen. I haven't seen frozen water on the road in about 7 years now, but my question still remains: "When is it going to snow?"

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one freezing my butt off. Everyone arrived at school and remained in their long Super Duper Thick Warm Jackets. I was feeling really sorry for the students who had first period physical education and had to go outside without their Super Duper Thick Warm Jackets.

There is one things that really bothers me about this weather. I'm sure my black trousers are shrinking very time it gets cold. It feels like it tightens around my legs every time. It is starting to freak me out.


I was hoping to get out early in the cold yesterday and get photographs of the frost in the mountains, but it went and rained a bit. Rain just destroys your chances of frost. I hope to get another chance to go out with my tripod to freeze all my extremities, nose, ears and chin off, but it seems that 3am rain is going to be a regular things for a while.

No comments: