Thursday, 15 November 2007

Pass the ball! Oh! My Hair!

This must be one of the most amusing things I have seen the children do in a long time. I am not surprised by it, but it’s still amusing.

The Physical Education teacher had the students play football, but football with a twist. They had to pair up and in order for them to stay together they had to hold hands. Needless to say, it turned in to something more like holding on to a selected piece of clothing rather than hands. Just picture two people partially attached to each other running around trying to act as one.

What happened more often than not was that the boys did the playing with the girls just trailing as best they could. That in itself isn’t funny at all. What did have me looking on for much longer than I normally would have was the habit of the girls to just put their heads down when running, and pictures this, hold their fringes down.

It is not as if there is anything to mess up. Their hair is as straight as can be and with one flick of the finger they can fix it after their big spring for the ball.

I so wish I could have captured this on video.

There was one girl what was really impressive. When the ball was passed their way the boy stopped the ball initially but she lightly kicked it forwards and even took a shot at goal when she thought it might go in. All I can say is: "You go little Miss I-Don't-Care-About-My-Hair!"

I really need to start bringing my big camera to school more often. It would have been so much better to post a nice zoomed shot of one of a girl attempting a run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wish you really had a video cam...
i envy koreans...they dont spend much to have that long straigth shiny black hair....sigh!!

queenie