Tuesday, 09 September 2008

The Jukdo Rocks

Tonight at Hapkido we learned, what is called in Korea, the Jukdo. Because there are not enough padded ones, I got to practice with the real thing, but after practice we had a chance to spar.

I swear this is the most fun I have ever had with my clothes on. The most fun you can have with your clothes off is, of course, a long hot bath in the middle of a snowy winter.

Because the Jukdo are padded, you have to hit quite hard to do any damage. This meant we were hitting the shit out of each other. After laughing at the young ones, I was asked to spar with high school student. Being old enough take the blows, so I was going for it and it seemed like he wasn’t trying to be nice to me either. Apparently I am quite good at this, considering it is my first time, because I was much faster than my partner and hit him quite a few on every legal spot. I was trying my best to keep the form I was taught earlier, but correct motions and footwork goes out the door when someone is gunning for your head with no consideration for your noble efforts.

I wonder if my girlfriend wants to play Jugdo with me. Next time we have an argument we can settle it like padded men adults.

***

After training I continues my quest for a motorcycle licence. When it is resolved I will post about it.

No comments: