Tuesday, 02 September 2008

Weirdo!

A while back a guy whom I don’t know asked to be added as a friend in Facebook. I thought that I might know him somehow, so I added him to see what happens and then promptly forgot about it.

Last night I quickly showed Master Jo my photos of Two Thousand Town when he popped up on Facebook’s instant messenger. I apologised and said that I was unable to chat just then. He asked another question and I said that I was not actually behind the keyboard, so I would chat later. Amazingly this fool’s next message was “So, where are you?” Demmit, dude! I CAN’T TALK NOW!

Later the evening I send him a message saying that I was now able to chat. He said hello and the next message gave me his phone number and said we should chat some time. I said I was in Korea, not South Africa, and not going to call him. A few lines later he said “Can I ask you a question?” I said “Sure” and he said “Can you sponsor me a ticket where you are?”

WTF!? I don’t know the guy from a bar of soap, we’ve been talking for two minutes and he asked me this? I gave an answer thinking he was joking, but he said he was serious. I asked what he was thinking and he told me to forget it. No matter what I asked, that was his answer.

What a weirdo! His profile said he in engadged and interested in women, but almost every person on his list is male and many of them in nice shirtless photos. I am getting the feeling this guy is trolling Facebook for, er, I can’t think what. He goes by the name Joseph Cornelis Swart.

On a ligher, less creepy note, autmn has truely arrived now. Cosmos (more particularly Cosmos bipinnatus) is popping up everywhere. Maybe I can hou find a vew interesting photographs this weekend.

4 comments:

Roboseyo said...

See, personally, that stranger'd have been cut from my friends list the second time he asked to chat, after already being told I couldn't. I don't need none of that filling up my internettin' time.

Hope you dealt with him appropriately.

Otto Silver said...

Removed. Ignored. Got it of my mind. The cosmos is growing...

- Dian Devline - said...

pheeewwwsss,,, CREEPY.... watch out for him, i thought!..

Queenie said...

GAY MAGNET!!! that's what you are...
hahaha