Tuesday, 14 October 2008

I'm a minority, AGAIN!

As far as I know the O blood type is the most common type in the West, with Positive and Negative being about equal. Apparently here in Korea it is very rare, so much so that a call had to go out on the K-blogosphere for someone with O- blood. I have it, but the requested person is on the other side of the country, so I can’t help.

This is the first time that I have ever had to worry about where I will get blood if something happens to me. It is not a nice feeling.

I'm a minority, AGAIN! Demmit!

***

Interestingly, I have noticed that not only do Koreans not know the O type that well, but they also have no idea what I mean when I say Negative. Even when I write it down they still don’t seem to know that blood types come in a positive and negative.

No comments: