Friday, 12 June 2009

Ride the wave.

There is just so much wrong with this article that it will take a day to write about it. Scary thing is that this seems to be the standard for journalism in this country. I am being nice and calling it journalism and not complete rubbish. Whatever. It was fun reading the comments. This was my favourite part:

From the article:

Yonhap News learned from parents and teachers of middle school D in Jangan-gu, Suwon, where a native-speaker teacher from the United Kingdom came to school drunk and caused a disturbance. The drunken teacher began teaching sex education to the students in words they could not understand, saying “the reason I’m not married is I don’t want to have kids like you,” and “Dokdo is Japanese.”

A comment on the site:

I worked for a year at an elementary school, and one day I was surprised to see the head Korean teacher walk into my class and just start talking in Korean, completely interrupting my lesson. I went over to him and he stank of soju something fierce. He rambled on and on for about 10 minutes and then left. I asked my students what that was all about and they told me he was telling them to study hard.


So in my experience, its not the foreign teachers that disrupt class and come to school drunk, its the Koreans.

I am guessing the only real problem here was that he spoke about Laincourt Rocks, not that he was drunk. I am also upset about it because we all know South Africa are the rightful owners of the rocks.

No comments: