Friday, 28 March 2008

I can see spring everywhere - ^.^ Wohoo!

This whole week I have been walking past little bits of green that seems to pop out dead branches. It is wonderful and I am actually experiencing that spring feeling. It has been a long time since I have been able to say this.

In Pretoria the weather is great, and sometimes a little to great. You don’t get to experience this feeling of change and expectation, at least not at this level. Sure, dead plants turn green and hot rain starts falling, but Pretoria is never really cold during winter.

In Korea, I saw my first snow, and as much as I liked the snowy season, I am tired of the cold now and want to come out of the shower without running for the biggest warmest piece of clothing I can lay my hands on. Every day, I delight in the plants, and farmers, telling me it is going to be better soon.

I have mentioned it before, but I am really happy I am not living in an over crowded, concrete jungle, but in a small “city” where I can walk past natural green patches. It still amazes me how the season’s change effects the face of the worlds around me. I doubt I will get to see all of this in Seoul.

p.s.

Watch out. In a few months I will be whining about how much I hate heat and humidity.

p.s. 2.0

Students gave me money today. The shop where I got the “toast” yesterday forgot to add cheese. That is one explanation of why I didn’t taste any. I am sticking with my explanation of yesterday though.

No comments: